In 2018, Aeroflot continued to sponsor both sports organisations and cultural projects. The Company allocated a total of RUB 1.8 billion for sponsorship support, maintaining a similar amount to contributions in previous years (RUB 2.0 billion in 2017).
PJSC Aeroflot has been providing support to Russian sports for many years. In 2018, the Company continued providing flight services to sports teams and the Olympic team. Aeroflot is a partner of, and provides support to:
- The Olympic and Paralympic Committees of Russia
- The Football Union of Russia
- The Russian Cycling Federation
- The All-Russian Federation of Dancesport and Acrobatic Rock’n’Roll
- The Russian Basketball Federation
- The Russian Volleyball Federation
- The Russian Table Tennis Federation
- The Russian Golf Association
- The Russian Rugby Federation
- The Russian Boxing Federation.
In 2018, Aeroflot and Aurora carried Russian Olympic athletes to South Korea for the XXIII Olympic Winter Games.
Aeroflot has been the official carrier of CSKA Professional Football Club and CSKA Professional Basketball Club for many years. Thanks to the enhanced visibility of the Aeroflot brand at games played by CSKA teams, the Company has access to the club’s multi-million fanbase.
In 2018, in conjunction with the Russian Chess Federation, Aeroflot held the Aeroflot OPEN international chess tournament, which has gained immense popularity among international chess players over the 16 years of its existence.
Also, Aeroflot provided support to Otradnoe show jumping club, which hosted a Show Jumping World Cup stage.
For the third time, the Company also supported the Golden Gramophone, Russia’s national music award, in 2018.
In the global market, Aeroflot airline is raising its recognition as a premium carrier through its partnership with Manchester United FC.